When a healthy respect for the past comes together with a willingness to experiment, great music is often the result. And if the formula works for pop songwriting, why shouldn’t it hold equally true in the romantic arena? An unsigned R&B songstress whose retro, yet progressive style has earned her rave reviews from our readership, Arima Ederra goes out looking for some Old New School Love on her latest promo single. Airlocke uses a light touch on the production tip, laying languid brass chords over a leisurely rhythm selection as the singer/songwriter celebrates a relationship that’s perpetually new and exciting, yet reassuringly familiar. This silky-smooth cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Ederra’s next project, an album-length collaboration with beatsmith Bhonstro.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)