When a healthy respect for the past comes together with a willingness to experiment, great music is often the result. And if the formula works for pop songwriting, why shouldn’t it hold equally true in the romantic arena? An unsigned R&B songstress whose retro, yet progressive style has earned her rave reviews from our readership, Arima Ederra goes out looking for some Old New School Love on her latest promo single. Airlocke uses a light touch on the production tip, laying languid brass chords over a leisurely rhythm selection as the singer/songwriter celebrates a relationship that’s perpetually new and exciting, yet reassuringly familiar. This silky-smooth cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Ederra’s next project, an album-length collaboration with beatsmith Bhonstro.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.