When a healthy respect for the past comes together with a willingness to experiment, great music is often the result. And if the formula works for pop songwriting, why shouldn’t it hold equally true in the romantic arena? An unsigned R&B songstress whose retro, yet progressive style has earned her rave reviews from our readership, Arima Ederra goes out looking for some Old New School Love on her latest promo single. Airlocke uses a light touch on the production tip, laying languid brass chords over a leisurely rhythm selection as the singer/songwriter celebrates a relationship that’s perpetually new and exciting, yet reassuringly familiar. This silky-smooth cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Ederra’s next project, an album-length collaboration with beatsmith Bhonstro.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.