When a healthy respect for the past comes together with a willingness to experiment, great music is often the result. And if the formula works for pop songwriting, why shouldn’t it hold equally true in the romantic arena? An unsigned R&B songstress whose retro, yet progressive style has earned her rave reviews from our readership, Arima Ederra goes out looking for some Old New School Love on her latest promo single. Airlocke uses a light touch on the production tip, laying languid brass chords over a leisurely rhythm selection as the singer/songwriter celebrates a relationship that’s perpetually new and exciting, yet reassuringly familiar. This silky-smooth cut isn’t part of a larger project, but fans should keep it locked to the Booth for the latest on Ederra’s next project, an album-length collaboration with beatsmith Bhonstro.
Written by richard on 08/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.