After first releasing the song to us last September, Ariez Onasis returns to our pages with the Dan Moraru & Jonas Arequipa Jr.-directed short film, Victim. Here, J. Cardim‘s scorching synth-pop production sets the stage for rhymes about the Massachusetts repper’s downright diabolical way with women. According to Onasis, ““The goal in mind for Victim was simply, to make a masterpiece. The One of One production team brought forth the treatment and I was sold. Coincidentally, I had a performance booked in Athens, Greece around the time. The final product took longer than expected, but exceeded our expectations none the less. I’m very proud to present this video to the public. It is only the beginning of what’s to come.” Debut studio album The Heartbreak Kid has yet to receive a drop date, but fans can hear more where this came from on the artist’s last project, the Clinton Sparks-hosted Jackmove mixtape.
Written by richard on 08/20/12
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Outta Time ft. J. Cardim" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.