For most, the decision of ending a relationship is one that calls for a good deal of soul-searching; Booth newcomer Ariez Onasis, however, is far from your average guy—when things aren’t going his way, the Massachusetts emcee simply tells the woman in question she’s Outta Time and walks out the door without looking back. Off Ariez’ forthcoming, self-titled studio album (due out in the fourth quarter of this year), this new single is one of the most nonchalant breakup records I’ve ever heard, and, thanks to the artist’s breezy, deadpan delivery of lines like “She went and got another boyfriend—thank God, Amen!”, also one of the funniest. Don’t Play with My Dough producer J. Cardim backs the up-and-comer’s rhymes with an appropriately propulsive, synth-heavy victory march of an instrumental, as well as stepping up to the mic to trade a few lines with Onasis on the back end. Watch for Outta Time‘s dual-single counterpart, the Pleasure P-featuring You Ain’t Ready, as well as Ariez’ contribution to our exclusive freestyle series to hit our front page in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/5/09
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Ain't Ready ft. Pleasure P" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)