For most, the decision of ending a relationship is one that calls for a good deal of soul-searching; Booth newcomer Ariez Onasis, however, is far from your average guy—when things aren’t going his way, the Massachusetts emcee simply tells the woman in question she’s Outta Time and walks out the door without looking back. Off Ariez’ forthcoming, self-titled studio album (due out in the fourth quarter of this year), this new single is one of the most nonchalant breakup records I’ve ever heard, and, thanks to the artist’s breezy, deadpan delivery of lines like “She went and got another boyfriend—thank God, Amen!”, also one of the funniest. Don’t Play with My Dough producer J. Cardim backs the up-and-comer’s rhymes with an appropriately propulsive, synth-heavy victory march of an instrumental, as well as stepping up to the mic to trade a few lines with Onasis on the back end. Watch for Outta Time‘s dual-single counterpart, the Pleasure P-featuring You Ain’t Ready, as well as Ariez’ contribution to our exclusive freestyle series to hit our front page in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/5/09
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Ain't Ready ft. Pleasure P" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.