For most, the decision of ending a relationship is one that calls for a good deal of soul-searching; Booth newcomer Ariez Onasis, however, is far from your average guy—when things aren’t going his way, the Massachusetts emcee simply tells the woman in question she’s Outta Time and walks out the door without looking back. Off Ariez’ forthcoming, self-titled studio album (due out in the fourth quarter of this year), this new single is one of the most nonchalant breakup records I’ve ever heard, and, thanks to the artist’s breezy, deadpan delivery of lines like “She went and got another boyfriend—thank God, Amen!”, also one of the funniest. Don’t Play with My Dough producer J. Cardim backs the up-and-comer’s rhymes with an appropriately propulsive, synth-heavy victory march of an instrumental, as well as stepping up to the mic to trade a few lines with Onasis on the back end. Watch for Outta Time‘s dual-single counterpart, the Pleasure P-featuring You Ain’t Ready, as well as Ariez’ contribution to our exclusive freestyle series to hit our front page in the near future.
Written by richard on 05/5/09
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You Ain't Ready ft. Pleasure P" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.