Absent from our front page since last July, when he brought us the 74th entry in our exclusive freestyle series, Dice Music Group up-and comer Ariez Onasis is back to reintroduce himself to our readers with mixtape leak Came Up. As the title suggests, this track finds the emcee looking back on the formative years he spent struggling to survive in the streets of St. Thomas, chronicling how he developed his unstoppable drive to succeed. Booth-approved beatsmith J. Cardim (who produces the entire project) mans the boards here, backing Onasis’ self-mythologizing bars with a brass/piano-driven instrumental that practically drips with determination, and fellow reader faves Rock City (also hailing from the Virgin Islands) tie it all together with some uplifting, characteristically catchy hook vocals. If this motivational jam drives you to seek out more new music from Ariez Onasis, you’ll find what you’re craving on his latest street album, The Heartbreak Kid, when it hits the ‘net this fall.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Outta Time ft. J. Cardim" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.