Absent from our front page since last July, when he brought us the 74th entry in our exclusive freestyle series, Dice Music Group up-and comer Ariez Onasis is back to reintroduce himself to our readers with mixtape leak Came Up. As the title suggests, this track finds the emcee looking back on the formative years he spent struggling to survive in the streets of St. Thomas, chronicling how he developed his unstoppable drive to succeed. Booth-approved beatsmith J. Cardim (who produces the entire project) mans the boards here, backing Onasis’ self-mythologizing bars with a brass/piano-driven instrumental that practically drips with determination, and fellow reader faves Rock City (also hailing from the Virgin Islands) tie it all together with some uplifting, characteristically catchy hook vocals. If this motivational jam drives you to seek out more new music from Ariez Onasis, you’ll find what you’re craving on his latest street album, The Heartbreak Kid, when it hits the ‘net this fall.
Written by richard on 04/18/10
Submit your Rating
Dice Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Outta Time ft. J. Cardim" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.