When most of us think of the sound of money, the clink of coins or the rustle of paper bills spring to mind. ATL’s own Archie Eversole says differently, though; his struggle in the Southern streets helped him hear What Money Sounds Like. The synth-laden, anthem-like beat from producer Needlz provides a forum for Archie’s rough rhymes, as shrilling strings and a hypnotic chorus further allow the emcee to lavish great detail on the story of his difficult upbringing. Now that Archie’s gotten a foot in the door with his latest buzz single, don’t expect him to wither away anytime soon. Though his own project doesn’t yet have a title or release date, this hustler is knee-deep in his quest for superstardom.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How You Like Me Now" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.