When most of us think of the sound of money, the clink of coins or the rustle of paper bills spring to mind. ATL’s own Archie Eversole says differently, though; his struggle in the Southern streets helped him hear What Money Sounds Like. The synth-laden, anthem-like beat from producer Needlz provides a forum for Archie’s rough rhymes, as shrilling strings and a hypnotic chorus further allow the emcee to lavish great detail on the story of his difficult upbringing. Now that Archie’s gotten a foot in the door with his latest buzz single, don’t expect him to wither away anytime soon. Though his own project doesn’t yet have a title or release date, this hustler is knee-deep in his quest for superstardom.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How You Like Me Now" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.