When most of us think of the sound of money, the clink of coins or the rustle of paper bills spring to mind. ATL’s own Archie Eversole says differently, though; his struggle in the Southern streets helped him hear What Money Sounds Like. The synth-laden, anthem-like beat from producer Needlz provides a forum for Archie’s rough rhymes, as shrilling strings and a hypnotic chorus further allow the emcee to lavish great detail on the story of his difficult upbringing. Now that Archie’s gotten a foot in the door with his latest buzz single, don’t expect him to wither away anytime soon. Though his own project doesn’t yet have a title or release date, this hustler is knee-deep in his quest for superstardom.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How You Like Me Now" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.