When most of us think of the sound of money, the clink of coins or the rustle of paper bills spring to mind. ATL’s own Archie Eversole says differently, though; his struggle in the Southern streets helped him hear What Money Sounds Like. The synth-laden, anthem-like beat from producer Needlz provides a forum for Archie’s rough rhymes, as shrilling strings and a hypnotic chorus further allow the emcee to lavish great detail on the story of his difficult upbringing. Now that Archie’s gotten a foot in the door with his latest buzz single, don’t expect him to wither away anytime soon. Though his own project doesn’t yet have a title or release date, this hustler is knee-deep in his quest for superstardom.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How You Like Me Now" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.