When most of us think of the sound of money, the clink of coins or the rustle of paper bills spring to mind. ATL’s own Archie Eversole says differently, though; his struggle in the Southern streets helped him hear What Money Sounds Like. The synth-laden, anthem-like beat from producer Needlz provides a forum for Archie’s rough rhymes, as shrilling strings and a hypnotic chorus further allow the emcee to lavish great detail on the story of his difficult upbringing. Now that Archie’s gotten a foot in the door with his latest buzz single, don’t expect him to wither away anytime soon. Though his own project doesn’t yet have a title or release date, this hustler is knee-deep in his quest for superstardom.
Written by Carly on 08/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How You Like Me Now" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.