Though he only recently emerged from a six-year hiatus following his ‘02 debut album, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style, Archie Eversole is Back Like I Never Left. His last two mixtape singles, What Money Sounds Like and How You Like Me Now received, respectively, mixed reviews and overwhelmingly positive ones, and he hopes to garner more of the latter with his latest release. On Oh No, Eversole delves deeply into his Slummed Out past. Over Dry Rain head honcho Needlz’ beat (which samples Tina Turner’s You Can’t Stop Me Loving You), the Atlanta native tells how he rose from his hood beginnings to become a rap high-roller. Once the DJ Scream-hosted Mr. Evasocold: Back Like I Never Left mixtape has dropped, Eversole will shift his focus to the release of his yet-untitled sophomore album.
Listen to More: Archie Eversole
Written by Burmy on 02/3/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.