Though he only recently emerged from a six-year hiatus following his ‘02 debut album, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style, Archie Eversole is Back Like I Never Left. His last two mixtape singles, What Money Sounds Like and How You Like Me Now received, respectively, mixed reviews and overwhelmingly positive ones, and he hopes to garner more of the latter with his latest release. On Oh No, Eversole delves deeply into his Slummed Out past. Over Dry Rain head honcho Needlz’ beat (which samples Tina Turner’s You Can’t Stop Me Loving You), the Atlanta native tells how he rose from his hood beginnings to become a rap high-roller. Once the DJ Scream-hosted Mr. Evasocold: Back Like I Never Left mixtape has dropped, Eversole will shift his focus to the release of his yet-untitled sophomore album.
Written by Burmy on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.