Though he only recently emerged from a six-year hiatus following his ‘02 debut album, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style, Archie Eversole is Back Like I Never Left. His last two mixtape singles, What Money Sounds Like and How You Like Me Now received, respectively, mixed reviews and overwhelmingly positive ones, and he hopes to garner more of the latter with his latest release. On Oh No, Eversole delves deeply into his Slummed Out past. Over Dry Rain head honcho Needlz’ beat (which samples Tina Turner’s You Can’t Stop Me Loving You), the Atlanta native tells how he rose from his hood beginnings to become a rap high-roller. Once the DJ Scream-hosted Mr. Evasocold: Back Like I Never Left mixtape has dropped, Eversole will shift his focus to the release of his yet-untitled sophomore album.
Written by Burmy on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.