Though he only recently emerged from a six-year hiatus following his ‘02 debut album, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style, Archie Eversole is Back Like I Never Left. His last two mixtape singles, What Money Sounds Like and How You Like Me Now received, respectively, mixed reviews and overwhelmingly positive ones, and he hopes to garner more of the latter with his latest release. On Oh No, Eversole delves deeply into his Slummed Out past. Over Dry Rain head honcho Needlz’ beat (which samples Tina Turner’s You Can’t Stop Me Loving You), the Atlanta native tells how he rose from his hood beginnings to become a rap high-roller. Once the DJ Scream-hosted Mr. Evasocold: Back Like I Never Left mixtape has dropped, Eversole will shift his focus to the release of his yet-untitled sophomore album.
Written by Burmy on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.