After serving an eight-month jail sentence for assault, Archie Eversole decided to straighten up his life. Although his 2002 debut, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style spawned a hit in the form of the Bubba Sparxxx-assisted We Ready, not many copies were sold. Once the label shut down, the Atlanta native went on hiatus for roughly six years. Fast forward to 2008, however, and Eversole finds himself signed to producer Needlz’ Dry Rain Entertainment, and ready for his sophomore album. On the follow-up to What Money Sounds Like, he brings back his rough-and-ready flow to ask those who have been waiting, “How You Like Me Now?” Needlz’ low-bass beat, when combined with Archie’s rhyme scheme, makes for a perfect transitional single in and out of the clubs. So, how do you like him now?
Written by Burmy on 12/3/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)