After serving an eight-month jail sentence for assault, Archie Eversole decided to straighten up his life. Although his 2002 debut, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style spawned a hit in the form of the Bubba Sparxxx-assisted We Ready, not many copies were sold. Once the label shut down, the Atlanta native went on hiatus for roughly six years. Fast forward to 2008, however, and Eversole finds himself signed to producer Needlz’ Dry Rain Entertainment, and ready for his sophomore album. On the follow-up to What Money Sounds Like, he brings back his rough-and-ready flow to ask those who have been waiting, “How You Like Me Now?” Needlz’ low-bass beat, when combined with Archie’s rhyme scheme, makes for a perfect transitional single in and out of the clubs. So, how do you like him now?
Written by Burmy on 12/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.