After serving an eight-month jail sentence for assault, Archie Eversole decided to straighten up his life. Although his 2002 debut, Ride Wit Me: Dirty South Style spawned a hit in the form of the Bubba Sparxxx-assisted We Ready, not many copies were sold. Once the label shut down, the Atlanta native went on hiatus for roughly six years. Fast forward to 2008, however, and Eversole finds himself signed to producer Needlz’ Dry Rain Entertainment, and ready for his sophomore album. On the follow-up to What Money Sounds Like, he brings back his rough-and-ready flow to ask those who have been waiting, “How You Like Me Now?” Needlz’ low-bass beat, when combined with Archie’s rhyme scheme, makes for a perfect transitional single in and out of the clubs. So, how do you like him now?
Written by Burmy on 12/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What Money Sounds Like" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.