The first DJBooth feature from Archie Bang sounds like the birth of a long career on our front page. It is also, according to the artist, the Rebirth (Of Ill). Moreover, it marks the demise of the Brooklyn emcee’s rivals in the game; this effort is so strong it will make aspiring rappers rethink their career choice. Bang’s grimy, uncompromising flow is distinctive, but what really makes him stand out from the street-oriented-rapper crowd is his crisp, confident delivery. Over a 12keyz production driven by a superb bassline, Bang delivers each line like it’s his last. If Rebirth has sparked your interest, or created a hip hop transformation, you’ll be able to hear more on the artist’s forthcoming, currently-unscheduled Never Say Die LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/24/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Summer Time " (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.