I hope y’all have surge protectors installed because, if the Man Upstairs catches you vibing out to Archie Bang‘s latest effort, you may find a divine lightning bolt or two headed toward your place of residence. As the title indicates, Blasphemy finds the Brooklynite expressing some, shall we say, irreverent views on the topic of religion. Backed by 12 Keyz’ production, a whip-ready arrangement seasoned with tongue-in-cheek gospel-vocal samples, the emcee wryly contrasts his behavior on the Sabbath with the way in which he conducts himself during the remainder of the week. A sampled soliloquy from ‘97 film The Devil’s Advocate drives the point home. This sinfully fresh selection is slated to appear on forthcoming EP Never Say Die, which as yet lacks a drop date. Watch our pages for further singles off the project, as well as all the latest release details!
Written by richard on 07/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rebirth (Of Ill)" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.