The production game is a very hard industry to even break into, much less excel at. Even if you can maneuver through the complex software, exhibit musical ability, and know the right people you still may not even get past your basement or personal SoundCloud. Perhaps best known now for his work with Slaughterhouse, producer-on-the-rise araabMUZIK sets himself apart from the pack with a Potpourri of intricate drum patterns, doing away with monotonous 16-8-16-8 bar sets that most producers lean on heavily. The self-proclaimed “MVP of the MPC”‘s newest instrumental, The Prince is Coming, is a percussion heavy offering that utilizes his full range of his production talents, and it will be heard on his upcoming project, For Professional Use Only, due out next week for free download.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Have to Worry" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.