I’m not a big believer in the supernatural, but I do enjoy a good Ghost Story. Despite not being a “story” in the traditional sense, araabMUZIK‘s latest single most definitely falls into that category. The superproducer’s first feature on our pages since dropping off his For Professional Use Only beat tape back in February of 2013, this instrumental finds the Providence native drawing inspiration from Ghost, a 2006 trance cut by producer Deepsky and singer Jes Brieden. To back the original vocal, which he chops, tweaks and pitch-shifts for added effect, araab crafts a hazy synth beat fueled by a stately, boom bap-informed rhythm section. This haunting—no pun intended—promo cut isn’t attached to any larger set, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh material from araabMUZIK in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Prince Is Coming" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.