I’m not a big believer in the supernatural, but I do enjoy a good Ghost Story. Despite not being a “story” in the traditional sense, araabMUZIK‘s latest single most definitely falls into that category. The superproducer’s first feature on our pages since dropping off his For Professional Use Only beat tape back in February of 2013, this instrumental finds the Providence native drawing inspiration from Ghost, a 2006 trance cut by producer Deepsky and singer Jes Brieden. To back the original vocal, which he chops, tweaks and pitch-shifts for added effect, araab crafts a hazy synth beat fueled by a stately, boom bap-informed rhythm section. This haunting—no pun intended—promo cut isn’t attached to any larger set, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh material from araabMUZIK in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Prince Is Coming" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.