I’m not a big believer in the supernatural, but I do enjoy a good Ghost Story. Despite not being a “story” in the traditional sense, araabMUZIK‘s latest single most definitely falls into that category. The superproducer’s first feature on our pages since dropping off his For Professional Use Only beat tape back in February of 2013, this instrumental finds the Providence native drawing inspiration from Ghost, a 2006 trance cut by producer Deepsky and singer Jes Brieden. To back the original vocal, which he chops, tweaks and pitch-shifts for added effect, araab crafts a hazy synth beat fueled by a stately, boom bap-informed rhythm section. This haunting—no pun intended—promo cut isn’t attached to any larger set, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh material from araabMUZIK in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Prince Is Coming" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.