In elementary school and beyond quite a few of us were encouraged to “reach for the sky” on numerous an occasion. Being the lyrical go getter that he is, New Jersey spitter Apollo The Great aims to not only reach for the sky, but instead reach Above The Sky. After a lengthy hiatus, the emcee is back on our pages for the first time since the release of his Joell Ortiz-assisted Call it Quits (Remix) in May 2011, and seems as confident as ever, dropping a battery of self-assured rhymes. Production on Above The Sky comes courtesy of Compton beatsmith and Rigamortus producer Willie B, who laces the record with a hefty dose of foreboding keys. Prepare to break out the cognac glasses and Beats By Dre headphones when the Camden spitter’s Hennessy Diaries album is released next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Thorobred Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Call it Quits (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.