In elementary school and beyond quite a few of us were encouraged to “reach for the sky” on numerous an occasion. Being the lyrical go getter that he is, New Jersey spitter Apollo The Great aims to not only reach for the sky, but instead reach Above The Sky. After a lengthy hiatus, the emcee is back on our pages for the first time since the release of his Joell Ortiz-assisted Call it Quits (Remix) in May 2011, and seems as confident as ever, dropping a battery of self-assured rhymes. Production on Above The Sky comes courtesy of Compton beatsmith and Rigamortus producer Willie B, who laces the record with a hefty dose of foreboding keys. Prepare to break out the cognac glasses and Beats By Dre headphones when the Camden spitter’s Hennessy Diaries album is released next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Thorobred Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Call it Quits (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.