In elementary school and beyond quite a few of us were encouraged to “reach for the sky” on numerous an occasion. Being the lyrical go getter that he is, New Jersey spitter Apollo The Great aims to not only reach for the sky, but instead reach Above The Sky. After a lengthy hiatus, the emcee is back on our pages for the first time since the release of his Joell Ortiz-assisted Call it Quits (Remix) in May 2011, and seems as confident as ever, dropping a battery of self-assured rhymes. Production on Above The Sky comes courtesy of Compton beatsmith and Rigamortus producer Willie B, who laces the record with a hefty dose of foreboding keys. Prepare to break out the cognac glasses and Beats By Dre headphones when the Camden spitter’s Hennessy Diaries album is released next month.
Thorobred Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Call it Quits (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.