In elementary school and beyond quite a few of us were encouraged to “reach for the sky” on numerous an occasion. Being the lyrical go getter that he is, New Jersey spitter Apollo The Great aims to not only reach for the sky, but instead reach Above The Sky. After a lengthy hiatus, the emcee is back on our pages for the first time since the release of his Joell Ortiz-assisted Call it Quits (Remix) in May 2011, and seems as confident as ever, dropping a battery of self-assured rhymes. Production on Above The Sky comes courtesy of Compton beatsmith and Rigamortus producer Willie B, who laces the record with a hefty dose of foreboding keys. Prepare to break out the cognac glasses and Beats By Dre headphones when the Camden spitter’s Hennessy Diaries album is released next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Thorobred Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Call it Quits (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.