In elementary school and beyond quite a few of us were encouraged to “reach for the sky” on numerous an occasion. Being the lyrical go getter that he is, New Jersey spitter Apollo The Great aims to not only reach for the sky, but instead reach Above The Sky. After a lengthy hiatus, the emcee is back on our pages for the first time since the release of his Joell Ortiz-assisted Call it Quits (Remix) in May 2011, and seems as confident as ever, dropping a battery of self-assured rhymes. Production on Above The Sky comes courtesy of Compton beatsmith and Rigamortus producer Willie B, who laces the record with a hefty dose of foreboding keys. Prepare to break out the cognac glasses and Beats By Dre headphones when the Camden spitter’s Hennessy Diaries album is released next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/31/12
Submit your Rating
Thorobred Media Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Call it Quits (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.