First things first: despite what its title may suggest, Apollo Mighty does not betoken the Memphis crooner’s retirement from the game. I’ll give y’all a second to breathe a sigh of relief. While this EP single, making its world premiere on our front page, does mark an ending of a sort, it could more accurately be described as a rebirth. Over a piano-driven beat by Yoji, who also provides vocal support, the artist joyfully casts off the people and things that have long held him back. He sums it up best on the chorus: “I’m singin’ the Last Song of my slavery.” Mighty’s IX EP currently lacks a drop date; while you wait for further details, why not take a listen to his last project, VI?
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Darkside of the Moon" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.