First things first: despite what its title may suggest, Apollo Mighty does not betoken the Memphis crooner’s retirement from the game. I’ll give y’all a second to breathe a sigh of relief. While this EP single, making its world premiere on our front page, does mark an ending of a sort, it could more accurately be described as a rebirth. Over a piano-driven beat by Yoji, who also provides vocal support, the artist joyfully casts off the people and things that have long held him back. He sums it up best on the chorus: “I’m singin’ the Last Song of my slavery.” Mighty’s IX EP currently lacks a drop date; while you wait for further details, why not take a listen to his last project, VI?
Written by richard on 07/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Darkside of the Moon" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.