First things first: despite what its title may suggest, Apollo Mighty does not betoken the Memphis crooner’s retirement from the game. I’ll give y’all a second to breathe a sigh of relief. While this EP single, making its world premiere on our front page, does mark an ending of a sort, it could more accurately be described as a rebirth. Over a piano-driven beat by Yoji, who also provides vocal support, the artist joyfully casts off the people and things that have long held him back. He sums it up best on the chorus: “I’m singin’ the Last Song of my slavery.” Mighty’s IX EP currently lacks a drop date; while you wait for further details, why not take a listen to his last project, VI?
Written by richard on 07/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Darkside of the Moon" (2013)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.