First things first: push all thoughts of Pink Floyd out of your mental, as Apollo Mighty‘s Booth debut has nothing whatsoever to do with the classic-rockers’ seminal LP of (almost) the same name. Instead, the title “Darkside of the Moon” refers to the facets of our personalities we don’t want to acknowledge. On this mournful cut, the follow-up to non-featured debut single There Was a Time, the Memphis singer/songwriter reminisces about a girl who walked out of his life and took a piece of him with her. Producer Rocketship Sails provides a lush, melancholy instrumental backdrop for his story of love and loss. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the December release of Mighty’s independent debut album, VI.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Song" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.