First things first: push all thoughts of Pink Floyd out of your mental, as Apollo Mighty‘s Booth debut has nothing whatsoever to do with the classic-rockers’ seminal LP of (almost) the same name. Instead, the title “Darkside of the Moon” refers to the facets of our personalities we don’t want to acknowledge. On this mournful cut, the follow-up to non-featured debut single There Was a Time, the Memphis singer/songwriter reminisces about a girl who walked out of his life and took a piece of him with her. Producer Rocketship Sails provides a lush, melancholy instrumental backdrop for his story of love and loss. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the December release of Mighty’s independent debut album, VI.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Memphis artist Apollo Mighty has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the VI EP. Part two in the artist's Project 369 trilogy, the EP "depicts the darkness that comes after [losing]...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.