First things first: push all thoughts of Pink Floyd out of your mental, as Apollo Mighty‘s Booth debut has nothing whatsoever to do with the classic-rockers’ seminal LP of (almost) the same name. Instead, the title “Darkside of the Moon” refers to the facets of our personalities we don’t want to acknowledge. On this mournful cut, the follow-up to non-featured debut single There Was a Time, the Memphis singer/songwriter reminisces about a girl who walked out of his life and took a piece of him with her. Producer Rocketship Sails provides a lush, melancholy instrumental backdrop for his story of love and loss. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the December release of Mighty’s independent debut album, VI.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Song" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.