First things first: push all thoughts of Pink Floyd out of your mental, as Apollo Mighty‘s Booth debut has nothing whatsoever to do with the classic-rockers’ seminal LP of (almost) the same name. Instead, the title “Darkside of the Moon” refers to the facets of our personalities we don’t want to acknowledge. On this mournful cut, the follow-up to non-featured debut single There Was a Time, the Memphis singer/songwriter reminisces about a girl who walked out of his life and took a piece of him with her. Producer Rocketship Sails provides a lush, melancholy instrumental backdrop for his story of love and loss. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the December release of Mighty’s independent debut album, VI.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Song" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.