First things first: push all thoughts of Pink Floyd out of your mental, as Apollo Mighty‘s Booth debut has nothing whatsoever to do with the classic-rockers’ seminal LP of (almost) the same name. Instead, the title “Darkside of the Moon” refers to the facets of our personalities we don’t want to acknowledge. On this mournful cut, the follow-up to non-featured debut single There Was a Time, the Memphis singer/songwriter reminisces about a girl who walked out of his life and took a piece of him with her. Producer Rocketship Sails provides a lush, melancholy instrumental backdrop for his story of love and loss. Feeling it? Then watch the Booth for more fresh cuts leading up to the December release of Mighty’s independent debut album, VI.
Written by richard on 11/25/13
Memphis artist Apollo Mighty has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the VI EP. Part two in the artist's Project 369 trilogy, the EP "depicts the darkness that comes after [losing]...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Song" (2014)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.