Like Asher Roth with his frat-hop hit, I Love College (and its Jim Jones-featuring remix), “hip-pop” emcee Apollo paints a romanticized picture of the College Life in his first Booth feature. To be fair, the North Carolina native is a considerably better role model – while Roth seemed to see higher education as nothing but an excuse to chug keg beer and dance all night, Apollo claims “I don’t drink/ I just party for the chicks.” In laid-back, conversational verses, he reminisces about the frantic cram sessions, missed classes, and neighbor-infuriating all-nighters that defined his college years. Up-and-coming producer Taylor “Proper- T” Johnson heightens the nostalgic vibe, assisted by singer-songwriter Luc‘s melodic hook and ringing guitar chords. Apollo’s sophomore album, The Architect, is out now on indie label Vinyl Records.
Listen to More: Apollo
Written by richard on 02/3/09
Vinyl Records UNC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.