Like Asher Roth with his frat-hop hit, I Love College (and its Jim Jones-featuring remix), “hip-pop” emcee Apollo paints a romanticized picture of the College Life in his first Booth feature. To be fair, the North Carolina native is a considerably better role model – while Roth seemed to see higher education as nothing but an excuse to chug keg beer and dance all night, Apollo claims “I don’t drink/ I just party for the chicks.” In laid-back, conversational verses, he reminisces about the frantic cram sessions, missed classes, and neighbor-infuriating all-nighters that defined his college years. Up-and-coming producer Taylor “Proper- T” Johnson heightens the nostalgic vibe, assisted by singer-songwriter Luc‘s melodic hook and ringing guitar chords. Apollo’s sophomore album, The Architect, is out now on indie label Vinyl Records.
Listen to More: Apollo Written by richard
Vinyl Records UNC
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.