Like Asher Roth with his frat-hop hit, I Love College (and its Jim Jones-featuring remix), “hip-pop” emcee Apollo paints a romanticized picture of the College Life in his first Booth feature. To be fair, the North Carolina native is a considerably better role model – while Roth seemed to see higher education as nothing but an excuse to chug keg beer and dance all night, Apollo claims “I don’t drink/ I just party for the chicks.” In laid-back, conversational verses, he reminisces about the frantic cram sessions, missed classes, and neighbor-infuriating all-nighters that defined his college years. Up-and-coming producer Taylor “Proper- T” Johnson heightens the nostalgic vibe, assisted by singer-songwriter Luc‘s melodic hook and ringing guitar chords. Apollo’s sophomore album, The Architect, is out now on indie label Vinyl Records.
Written by richard on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
Vinyl Records UNC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost My Mind" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.