Like Asher Roth with his frat-hop hit, I Love College (and its Jim Jones-featuring remix), “hip-pop” emcee Apollo paints a romanticized picture of the College Life in his first Booth feature. To be fair, the North Carolina native is a considerably better role model – while Roth seemed to see higher education as nothing but an excuse to chug keg beer and dance all night, Apollo claims “I don’t drink/ I just party for the chicks.” In laid-back, conversational verses, he reminisces about the frantic cram sessions, missed classes, and neighbor-infuriating all-nighters that defined his college years. Up-and-coming producer Taylor “Proper- T” Johnson heightens the nostalgic vibe, assisted by singer-songwriter Luc‘s melodic hook and ringing guitar chords. Apollo’s sophomore album, The Architect, is out now on indie label Vinyl Records.
Written by richard on 02/3/09
Submit your Rating
Vinyl Records UNC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lost My Mind" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.