Ras Kass is best known for his provocative commentary on social and political issues, but the West Coast mainstay is just as captivating when he’s tackling more personal subject matter. Don’t believe me? Simply take a listen to H20, single numero uno off his upcoming joint full-length with Apollo Brown. Over the Motown beatsmith’s flip of Barbara Streisand’s bittersweet The Way We Were, Ras flips through “misty watercolor memories” of times past. As if his masterful bars weren’t enough, NYC mic-murderer Pharoahe Monch and Dilated Peoples member Rakaa Iriscience jump on board to deliver equally poignant guest verses. Blasphemy is scheduled for independent release Tuesday, October 28. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.