Ras Kass is best known for his provocative commentary on social and political issues, but the West Coast mainstay is just as captivating when he’s tackling more personal subject matter. Don’t believe me? Simply take a listen to H20, single numero uno off his upcoming joint full-length with Apollo Brown. Over the Motown beatsmith’s flip of Barbara Streisand’s bittersweet The Way We Were, Ras flips through “misty watercolor memories” of times past. As if his masterful bars weren’t enough, NYC mic-murderer Pharoahe Monch and Dilated Peoples member Rakaa Iriscience jump on board to deliver equally poignant guest verses. Blasphemy is scheduled for independent release Tuesday, October 28. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.