Ras Kass is best known for his provocative commentary on social and political issues, but the West Coast mainstay is just as captivating when he’s tackling more personal subject matter. Don’t believe me? Simply take a listen to H20, single numero uno off his upcoming joint full-length with Apollo Brown. Over the Motown beatsmith’s flip of Barbara Streisand’s bittersweet The Way We Were, Ras flips through “misty watercolor memories” of times past. As if his masterful bars weren’t enough, NYC mic-murderer Pharoahe Monch and Dilated Peoples member Rakaa Iriscience jump on board to deliver equally poignant guest verses. Blasphemy is scheduled for independent release Tuesday, October 28. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.