Ras Kass is best known for his provocative commentary on social and political issues, but the West Coast mainstay is just as captivating when he’s tackling more personal subject matter. Don’t believe me? Simply take a listen to H20, single numero uno off his upcoming joint full-length with Apollo Brown. Over the Motown beatsmith’s flip of Barbara Streisand’s bittersweet The Way We Were, Ras flips through “misty watercolor memories” of times past. As if his masterful bars weren’t enough, NYC mic-murderer Pharoahe Monch and Dilated Peoples member Rakaa Iriscience jump on board to deliver equally poignant guest verses. Blasphemy is scheduled for independent release Tuesday, October 28. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 09/2/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.