Lonely & Cold was originally released in April as part of Apollo Brown‘s latest beat tape. Dope instrumentals never remain un-blazed for long, though, and this one is no exception. Long Island phenom Roc Marciano does the honors, his deadpan flow sounding right at home over Apollo’s mournful soul samples and gritty boom-bap rhythm section. Jay Brown‘s black-and-white visuals, debuted earlier today on Noisey, round out the package. You can find the instrumental version of Lonely and many more quality beats on Thirty Eight, out now online. Additionally, be sure to check out Brown’s recent appearance on Mass Appeal‘s Rhythm Roulette series.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.