In the past few weeks, Apollo Brown has been touring Australia and New Zealand, while Guilty Simpson is fresh off a run all the way from Los Angeles to Seattle. Now that they have a little downtime, the Motown-repping emcee-producer duo are showcasing their musical agility, endurance and stamina on Parkour, a bonus track from their recent collaborative set’s limited edition vinyl version. Here, Brown’s dizzying synth/choral production bangs in the background as Simpson sprints, leaps and climbs his way through aggressive, tightly-wound verses. Like what you’re hearing? Cop joint LP Dice Game in its new ivory wax incarnation and you’ll receive an additional 45 featuring this and one other non-album cut. Fans should also be sure to check out the latest Re-Produced EP, featuring Apollo Brown’s exclusive re-production of Talib Kweli‘s Fly Away.
Written by richard on 12/20/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.