In the past few weeks, Apollo Brown has been touring Australia and New Zealand, while Guilty Simpson is fresh off a run all the way from Los Angeles to Seattle. Now that they have a little downtime, the Motown-repping emcee-producer duo are showcasing their musical agility, endurance and stamina on Parkour, a bonus track from their recent collaborative set’s limited edition vinyl version. Here, Brown’s dizzying synth/choral production bangs in the background as Simpson sprints, leaps and climbs his way through aggressive, tightly-wound verses. Like what you’re hearing? Cop joint LP Dice Game in its new ivory wax incarnation and you’ll receive an additional 45 featuring this and one other non-album cut. Fans should also be sure to check out the latest Re-Produced EP, featuring Apollo Brown’s exclusive re-production of Talib Kweli‘s Fly Away.
Written by richard on 12/20/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.