If I were to say that I find black licorice to be Nasty—and I do—there’s bound to be at least one person who challenges my opinion in the comment section below. When it comes to Apollo Brown and Guilty Simpson‘s latest feature, on the other hand, the matter isn’t even up for debate: anyone with ears to hear will agree that it’s nasty as f**k, in the dopest way possible. Following Dice Game, the reader-acclaimed title track off the duo’s recently-released collaborative LP, this single sees Brown slicing and dicing a fiery gospel sample as his mic-rocking colleague delivers aggressive, braggadocio-soaked verses. Cali underground mainstay Planet Asia contributes some certifiably filthy bars of his own to the cut’s middle portion. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Dice Game (the album), available now via Mello Music Group. Additionally, watch for Apollo Brown to appear as one of three featured beatsmiths on The DJBooth’s forthcoming Re-Produced EP with Talib Kweli, scheduled for release in September.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.