If I were to say that I find black licorice to be Nasty—and I do—there’s bound to be at least one person who challenges my opinion in the comment section below. When it comes to Apollo Brown and Guilty Simpson‘s latest feature, on the other hand, the matter isn’t even up for debate: anyone with ears to hear will agree that it’s nasty as f**k, in the dopest way possible. Following Dice Game, the reader-acclaimed title track off the duo’s recently-released collaborative LP, this single sees Brown slicing and dicing a fiery gospel sample as his mic-rocking colleague delivers aggressive, braggadocio-soaked verses. Cali underground mainstay Planet Asia contributes some certifiably filthy bars of his own to the cut’s middle portion. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Dice Game (the album), available now via Mello Music Group. Additionally, watch for Apollo Brown to appear as one of three featured beatsmiths on The DJBooth’s forthcoming Re-Produced EP with Talib Kweli, scheduled for release in September.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.