If I were to say that I find black licorice to be Nasty—and I do—there’s bound to be at least one person who challenges my opinion in the comment section below. When it comes to Apollo Brown and Guilty Simpson‘s latest feature, on the other hand, the matter isn’t even up for debate: anyone with ears to hear will agree that it’s nasty as f**k, in the dopest way possible. Following Dice Game, the reader-acclaimed title track off the duo’s recently-released collaborative LP, this single sees Brown slicing and dicing a fiery gospel sample as his mic-rocking colleague delivers aggressive, braggadocio-soaked verses. Cali underground mainstay Planet Asia contributes some certifiably filthy bars of his own to the cut’s middle portion. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Dice Game (the album), available now via Mello Music Group. Additionally, watch for Apollo Brown to appear as one of three featured beatsmiths on The DJBooth’s forthcoming Re-Produced EP with Talib Kweli, scheduled for release in September.
Written by richard on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.