If I were to say that I find black licorice to be Nasty—and I do—there’s bound to be at least one person who challenges my opinion in the comment section below. When it comes to Apollo Brown and Guilty Simpson‘s latest feature, on the other hand, the matter isn’t even up for debate: anyone with ears to hear will agree that it’s nasty as f**k, in the dopest way possible. Following Dice Game, the reader-acclaimed title track off the duo’s recently-released collaborative LP, this single sees Brown slicing and dicing a fiery gospel sample as his mic-rocking colleague delivers aggressive, braggadocio-soaked verses. Cali underground mainstay Planet Asia contributes some certifiably filthy bars of his own to the cut’s middle portion. Craving more? You’ll find what you seek on Dice Game (the album), available now via Mello Music Group. Additionally, watch for Apollo Brown to appear as one of three featured beatsmiths on The DJBooth’s forthcoming Re-Produced EP with Talib Kweli, scheduled for release in September.
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.