Give this dude a beat and watch him spill out a verse (or two) that will drop your jaw and leave you wishing August 23 was tomorrow. On his new Word to the 23rd (Freestyle) Connecticut’s own Apathy attacks the Mobb Deep/Havoc produced Eye for An Eye and House of Pain/DJ Muggs produced Put Ya Head Out instrumentals like a bear in the wild (allegedly, of course). There’s a hunger in Apathy’s rhyme scheme that almost seems unfair, as he devours the two beats on the freestyle with his incredible word play. Apathy leaves little doubt that he’s a force to be reckoned with leading up to his Honkey Kong release. Can’t wait. Word to the 23rd (of August that is).
Written by ThroatChopU on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shoot First" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.