Give this dude a beat and watch him spill out a verse (or two) that will drop your jaw and leave you wishing August 23 was tomorrow. On his new Word to the 23rd (Freestyle) Connecticut’s own Apathy attacks the Mobb Deep/Havoc produced Eye for An Eye and House of Pain/DJ Muggs produced Put Ya Head Out instrumentals like a bear in the wild (allegedly, of course). There’s a hunger in Apathy’s rhyme scheme that almost seems unfair, as he devours the two beats on the freestyle with his incredible word play. Apathy leaves little doubt that he’s a force to be reckoned with leading up to his Honkey Kong release. Can’t wait. Word to the 23rd (of August that is).
Written by ThroatChopU on 07/12/11
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shoot First" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.