With a name like “Apathy,” you’d think self-improvement would be the last thing on the Connecticut underground mainstay’s agenda. As he reveals on his latest single, however, he’s anything but indifferent when it comes to the state of his soul—in fact, he’s been working overtime to Be a Better Man. Over his own melancholy production, the artist chronicles his struggles to bring his lifestyle in line with his principles. Bishop Lamont and Wu-Tang affiliate Blue Raspberry do a little soul-searching of their own on the guest tip. This joint is set for inclusion on Apathy’s Fire Walk With Me LP, set to drop along with demo collection The Alien Tongue on 9/11. Click here to pre-order both projects, and receive a limited edition T-Shirt package in the bargain.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
Dirty Version Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Shoot First" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.