It is truly unfortunate that many of those who associate with the genre of hip-hop have lost friends and family too early to violence, both external and self-inflicted. This isn’t restricted to rap, but it is a culture that continues to breed violence. DJBooth newcomer AntonGenius takes time to reflect on the many people the rapper/producer lost along the way on the world premiere of deadngone, a heartfelt track that’s a part of The DJBooth sponsored This…Is An EP, set for release on February 13. The self-produced track is a simple soul loop reminiscent of RZA’s production on Cappadonna’s 97 Mentality, which allows listeners to focus on the real rap lyrics provided by Anton and guest artist Bobby Rocwell. As this new year continues in it’s beginning, grab a glass of whatever you like, put this song on and toast the fallen souls you once knew.
Written by JC Poppe on 01/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Time" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.