On Forgot About Dre, the Grammy-winning second single off 2001, Eminem trashed those who speak without having anything to say, telling them their words were nohing but “a bunch of Gibberish.” You certainly couldn’t level that criticism against Anti-Lilly and Envy Hunter; contrary to what the title may suggest, their new joint single is so jam-packed with lyrical insight that you get the feeling they could keep spitting for days. Over Phoniks‘s jazzy, low-key production, the H-Town natives reflect on the lives they’re leading and their uncertainties regarding the future. This introspective promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but who knows? A few rave Booth reviews might convince the collaborators to step back into the studio together sooner than later.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)