On Forgot About Dre, the Grammy-winning second single off 2001, Eminem trashed those who speak without having anything to say, telling them their words were nohing but “a bunch of Gibberish.” You certainly couldn’t level that criticism against Anti-Lilly and Envy Hunter; contrary to what the title may suggest, their new joint single is so jam-packed with lyrical insight that you get the feeling they could keep spitting for days. Over Phoniks‘s jazzy, low-key production, the H-Town natives reflect on the lives they’re leading and their uncertainties regarding the future. This introspective promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but who knows? A few rave Booth reviews might convince the collaborators to step back into the studio together sooner than later.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.