On Forgot About Dre, the Grammy-winning second single off 2001, Eminem trashed those who speak without having anything to say, telling them their words were nohing but “a bunch of Gibberish.” You certainly couldn’t level that criticism against Anti-Lilly and Envy Hunter; contrary to what the title may suggest, their new joint single is so jam-packed with lyrical insight that you get the feeling they could keep spitting for days. Over Phoniks‘s jazzy, low-key production, the H-Town natives reflect on the lives they’re leading and their uncertainties regarding the future. This introspective promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but who knows? A few rave Booth reviews might convince the collaborators to step back into the studio together sooner than later.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.