On Forgot About Dre, the Grammy-winning second single off 2001, Eminem trashed those who speak without having anything to say, telling them their words were nohing but “a bunch of Gibberish.” You certainly couldn’t level that criticism against Anti-Lilly and Envy Hunter; contrary to what the title may suggest, their new joint single is so jam-packed with lyrical insight that you get the feeling they could keep spitting for days. Over Phoniks‘s jazzy, low-key production, the H-Town natives reflect on the lives they’re leading and their uncertainties regarding the future. This introspective promo cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but who knows? A few rave Booth reviews might convince the collaborators to step back into the studio together sooner than later.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.