Been holding your breath in anticipation of another dope feature from Anti-Lilly? If the wait didn’t kill you, you can finally resume Respiration, as the Houston buzzmaker’s returned to our pages with a brand new single. This calming cut is the inaugural release off an untitled collaborative EP from Lilly and Portland beatsmith Phoniks, who were acquainted when Respect Mag published a feature on young artists keeping the ‘90s sound alive. Backed by his Emerald City-repping colleague’s blissfully mellow beat, featuring airy keyboard loops occasionally accented by muted brass, the emcee shares some low-key, conversational reflections on the hustle. Motown-repping reader fave Scolla provides velvety hook and backing vocals. While you wait for further details on Anti-Lilly and Phoniks’s joint EP, why not take a listen to their respective latest projects, Memoirs & the 90s and Return to the Golden Era?
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.