Been holding your breath in anticipation of another dope feature from Anti-Lilly? If the wait didn’t kill you, you can finally resume Respiration, as the Houston buzzmaker’s returned to our pages with a brand new single. This calming cut is the inaugural release off an untitled collaborative EP from Lilly and Portland beatsmith Phoniks, who were acquainted when Respect Mag published a feature on young artists keeping the ‘90s sound alive. Backed by his Emerald City-repping colleague’s blissfully mellow beat, featuring airy keyboard loops occasionally accented by muted brass, the emcee shares some low-key, conversational reflections on the hustle. Motown-repping reader fave Scolla provides velvety hook and backing vocals. While you wait for further details on Anti-Lilly and Phoniks’s joint EP, why not take a listen to their respective latest projects, Memoirs & the 90s and Return to the Golden Era?
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.