Been holding your breath in anticipation of another dope feature from Anti-Lilly? If the wait didn’t kill you, you can finally resume Respiration, as the Houston buzzmaker’s returned to our pages with a brand new single. This calming cut is the inaugural release off an untitled collaborative EP from Lilly and Portland beatsmith Phoniks, who were acquainted when Respect Mag published a feature on young artists keeping the ‘90s sound alive. Backed by his Emerald City-repping colleague’s blissfully mellow beat, featuring airy keyboard loops occasionally accented by muted brass, the emcee shares some low-key, conversational reflections on the hustle. Motown-repping reader fave Scolla provides velvety hook and backing vocals. While you wait for further details on Anti-Lilly and Phoniks’s joint EP, why not take a listen to their respective latest projects, Memoirs & the 90s and Return to the Golden Era?
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.