Been holding your breath in anticipation of another dope feature from Anti-Lilly? If the wait didn’t kill you, you can finally resume Respiration, as the Houston buzzmaker’s returned to our pages with a brand new single. This calming cut is the inaugural release off an untitled collaborative EP from Lilly and Portland beatsmith Phoniks, who were acquainted when Respect Mag published a feature on young artists keeping the ‘90s sound alive. Backed by his Emerald City-repping colleague’s blissfully mellow beat, featuring airy keyboard loops occasionally accented by muted brass, the emcee shares some low-key, conversational reflections on the hustle. Motown-repping reader fave Scolla provides velvety hook and backing vocals. While you wait for further details on Anti-Lilly and Phoniks’s joint EP, why not take a listen to their respective latest projects, Memoirs & the 90s and Return to the Golden Era?
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.