Been holding your breath in anticipation of another dope feature from Anti-Lilly? If the wait didn’t kill you, you can finally resume Respiration, as the Houston buzzmaker’s returned to our pages with a brand new single. This calming cut is the inaugural release off an untitled collaborative EP from Lilly and Portland beatsmith Phoniks, who were acquainted when Respect Mag published a feature on young artists keeping the ‘90s sound alive. Backed by his Emerald City-repping colleague’s blissfully mellow beat, featuring airy keyboard loops occasionally accented by muted brass, the emcee shares some low-key, conversational reflections on the hustle. Motown-repping reader fave Scolla provides velvety hook and backing vocals. While you wait for further details on Anti-Lilly and Phoniks’s joint EP, why not take a listen to their respective latest projects, Memoirs & the 90s and Return to the Golden Era?
Written by richard on 10/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Million Stories" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)