Back in March, indie crooner Anthony Lewis hooked up with rapper Billy Bang to update Soul for Real’s 1994 R&B hit, Candy Rain, for the new millennium. The original version of the cover didn’t make it onto our front page, but we are proud to bring y’all the official remix. Lewis’ suave vocal stylings and producers DeVante and Bradd Young‘s familiar, yet fresh boardwork are retained, but Bang gets switched out for a new featuree, HBK Gang affiliate Sage the Gemini. I’ll leave it to you to decided whether the change is an upgrade. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this remix isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.