Back in March, indie crooner Anthony Lewis hooked up with rapper Billy Bang to update Soul for Real’s 1994 R&B hit, Candy Rain, for the new millennium. The original version of the cover didn’t make it onto our front page, but we are proud to bring y’all the official remix. Lewis’ suave vocal stylings and producers DeVante and Bradd Young‘s familiar, yet fresh boardwork are retained, but Bang gets switched out for a new featuree, HBK Gang affiliate Sage the Gemini. I’ll leave it to you to decided whether the change is an upgrade. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this remix isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on this promising up-and-comer’s plans as we learn more.
Written by richard on 06/27/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.