We’re all familiar with the Woo face. It’s the same face you make when you watch a rim shattering dunk, the same face you can’t help but make when an extraordinarily fine female walks by, and the face you make when you get to hear Anthony Hamilton at his best. The first we’ve heard from the impeccable crooner since the release of his last album, The Point Of It All, back in January of ’09, new single Woo gets its drive from producer Babyface, but combines the big bang feel of classic Motown with modern R&B sensibilities to create a cinematic score. Lyrically and vocally, Hamilton is fittingly fixed with the Woo face himself, telling a certain woman in his signature vocal blend of grit and smoothness that he’s so enraptured he’s nearly speechless. Hopefully this will be only the first in a boatload of new music we hear from Hamilton leading up to the release of his currently untitled fourth studio album on December 13. In the meantime, I think I can guess the face you‘re making right now. I’ll leave you to it.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool ft. David Banner" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)