We’re all familiar with the Woo face. It’s the same face you make when you watch a rim shattering dunk, the same face you can’t help but make when an extraordinarily fine female walks by, and the face you make when you get to hear Anthony Hamilton at his best. The first we’ve heard from the impeccable crooner since the release of his last album, The Point Of It All, back in January of ’09, new single Woo gets its drive from producer Babyface, but combines the big bang feel of classic Motown with modern R&B sensibilities to create a cinematic score. Lyrically and vocally, Hamilton is fittingly fixed with the Woo face himself, telling a certain woman in his signature vocal blend of grit and smoothness that he’s so enraptured he’s nearly speechless. Hopefully this will be only the first in a boatload of new music we hear from Hamilton leading up to the release of his currently untitled fourth studio album on December 13. In the meantime, I think I can guess the face you‘re making right now. I’ll leave you to it.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool ft. David Banner" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.