We’re all familiar with the Woo face. It’s the same face you make when you watch a rim shattering dunk, the same face you can’t help but make when an extraordinarily fine female walks by, and the face you make when you get to hear Anthony Hamilton at his best. The first we’ve heard from the impeccable crooner since the release of his last album, The Point Of It All, back in January of ’09, new single Woo gets its drive from producer Babyface, but combines the big bang feel of classic Motown with modern R&B sensibilities to create a cinematic score. Lyrically and vocally, Hamilton is fittingly fixed with the Woo face himself, telling a certain woman in his signature vocal blend of grit and smoothness that he’s so enraptured he’s nearly speechless. Hopefully this will be only the first in a boatload of new music we hear from Hamilton leading up to the release of his currently untitled fourth studio album on December 13. In the meantime, I think I can guess the face you‘re making right now. I’ll leave you to it.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool ft. David Banner" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.