Not only did John Legend‘s Who Did That to You?, single number two off the Django Unchained soundtrack LP, erase the bad taste of lackluster lead effort 100 Black Coffins from Boothgoers’ mouths, but it was hailed as some of the G.O.O.D. Music soulman’s finest work in recent memory. Clearly, someone’s been paying attention to our feedback, as the latest song release, Anthony Hamilton‘s Freedom, boasts a similarly cinematic, vintage soul-infused vibe. Over Kevin Wooten‘s instrumental, a bluesy arrangement that subtly intensifies throughout the cut’s running time, the RCA Records singer and guest artist Elayna Boynton deliver call-and-response verses, before showcasing their vocal harmonies on the record’s chorus. Watch for the Django Unchained soundtrack to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, December 18, in anticipation of the flick’s December 25, theatrical release. Click here for an advance look at the tracklist!
Written by richard on 12/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cool ft. David Banner" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.