“In order to survive, you’ve gotta learn to live with regrets.” On new EP single I Remember, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, ANTHM reflects on the importance of keeping one’s eyes on the road ahead when chasing after one’s dreams. While the Big Apple representative does lace Freddie Joachim‘s wistful boom-bap boardwork with a few snapshots from his autobiography, the philosophy he outlines here is all about forward momentum. Emphasizing that his struggles as well as his triumphs represent the foundation for his future success, he spits, “You be sayin’ all hardship’s evil, but you’ve gotta question, where does the hardship leave you?” If this lyrically on-point selection has you craving more food for thought, keep it locked; The Fire Next Time will be available tomorrow. In the meantime, you can still cop Handful of Dust, the emcee’s recent collaborative EP with Blu, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Imitates Art" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.