“In order to survive, you’ve gotta learn to live with regrets.” On new EP single I Remember, making its world premiere right here in The DJBooth, ANTHM reflects on the importance of keeping one’s eyes on the road ahead when chasing after one’s dreams. While the Big Apple representative does lace Freddie Joachim‘s wistful boom-bap boardwork with a few snapshots from his autobiography, the philosophy he outlines here is all about forward momentum. Emphasizing that his struggles as well as his triumphs represent the foundation for his future success, he spits, “You be sayin’ all hardship’s evil, but you’ve gotta question, where does the hardship leave you?” If this lyrically on-point selection has you craving more food for thought, keep it locked; The Fire Next Time will be available tomorrow. In the meantime, you can still cop Handful of Dust, the emcee’s recent collaborative EP with Blu, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 07/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Imitates Art" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.