First featured, to positive reader reviews, in early September, Sony Music crooner Mack Wilds‘s Henny has received the remix—sorry, AMGMix—treatment courtesy of Booth fave ANTHM. Thanks to Havoc and Salaam Remi‘s gritty instrumental, the original sounded like it could have been a hip-hop record as easily as an R&B joint. Thus, the Manhattan rhymesayer has no trouble making the cut his own. In between Wilds’ suave choruses, the rhymesayer delivers brash bars liberally seasoned with clever wordplay. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further entries in ANTHM’s ongoing AMGMix series. Additionally, the artist will be participating in the imminent relaunch of our exclusive freestyle series; watch our pages for further details!
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Imitates Art" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.