First featured, to positive reader reviews, in early September, Sony Music crooner Mack Wilds‘s Henny has received the remix—sorry, AMGMix—treatment courtesy of Booth fave ANTHM. Thanks to Havoc and Salaam Remi‘s gritty instrumental, the original sounded like it could have been a hip-hop record as easily as an R&B joint. Thus, the Manhattan rhymesayer has no trouble making the cut his own. In between Wilds’ suave choruses, the rhymesayer delivers brash bars liberally seasoned with clever wordplay. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further entries in ANTHM’s ongoing AMGMix series. Additionally, the artist will be participating in the imminent relaunch of our exclusive freestyle series; watch our pages for further details!
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Imitates Art" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.