First featured, to positive reader reviews, in early September, Sony Music crooner Mack Wilds‘s Henny has received the remix—sorry, AMGMix—treatment courtesy of Booth fave ANTHM. Thanks to Havoc and Salaam Remi‘s gritty instrumental, the original sounded like it could have been a hip-hop record as easily as an R&B joint. Thus, the Manhattan rhymesayer has no trouble making the cut his own. In between Wilds’ suave choruses, the rhymesayer delivers brash bars liberally seasoned with clever wordplay. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further entries in ANTHM’s ongoing AMGMix series. Additionally, the artist will be participating in the imminent relaunch of our exclusive freestyle series; watch our pages for further details!
Written by richard on 11/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Imitates Art" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)