Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries came courtesy of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. After more than two years’ hiatus, we’re proud to inaugurate the series’ second chapter with Dark Horse Rising, an exclusive freestyle from Manhattan buzzmaker ANTHM. Coming on the heels of Henny (AMGMix), this cut features the unsigned rhymesayer spitting rapid-fire, politically-charged bars over original boardwork by BXHXLD. If you’re craving more from ANTHM, you can stream and download his two latest projects, July’s The Fire Next Time tape and March’s Handful of Dust EP, for free on our pages. And, of course, be sure to tune in next Tuesday for the second entry in our newly-relaunched series.
Written by richard on 11/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Life Imitates Art" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.