In your typical unexpected-pregnancy story, the big question is whether the man will step up to the plate and support his child. But what about when the woman decides she doesn’t want the father in her life, or that of their child? Such is the case for up-and-coming R&B singer Ant Chedda, who laments the fact that the girl he loves is starting a life without him on album standout Last to Know. Backed by AbJo‘s lightly jazzy piano chords and layered vocal harmonies, the Californian crooner pleads with the woman in question to set aside her preconceptions about him and allow him into the family circle—or, a least, to give him an assurance that she’s strong enough to “do this alone.” And, just in case his direct pleas aren’t persuasive enough, the artist says it with a song-within-a-song; on the back, he illustrates his dream of their life together with a snippet from Jodeci’s Forever My Lady. If this poignant cut is any indication of the project’s quality, R&B fans are sure to be on Ant Chedda’s latest full-length like, well, ants on chedda. Released July 19, Homie Lover Friend is available now online.
Written by richard on 07/27/11
Submit your Rating
Live At The Dojo / Breakstone Productions
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.