You might be curious as to what the title of Booth newcomer AnMor’s S.W.M.N (Night & Day) record means, but most doubts will be erased immediately upon pressing the “Listen” button above. On this smoker’s anthem, which begins with the flick of a lighter and the sound of someone coughing, AnMor is backed by the dope (pun intended) production work of CMPLX, who fathers a slower beat, engineered by a soulful sample that accentuates the headliner’s deep vocal. In addition to showcasing his baritone pitch, the Maryland native manages to combine a kushed-out vibe with his unremitting flow, resulting in a hazy effort that maintains a slight edge. To find out what else AnMor has in store, check out his latest album, Dope Beats & Rhymes, which was released early this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.