You might be curious as to what the title of Booth newcomer AnMor’s S.W.M.N (Night & Day) record means, but most doubts will be erased immediately upon pressing the “Listen” button above. On this smoker’s anthem, which begins with the flick of a lighter and the sound of someone coughing, AnMor is backed by the dope (pun intended) production work of CMPLX, who fathers a slower beat, engineered by a soulful sample that accentuates the headliner’s deep vocal. In addition to showcasing his baritone pitch, the Maryland native manages to combine a kushed-out vibe with his unremitting flow, resulting in a hazy effort that maintains a slight edge. To find out what else AnMor has in store, check out his latest album, Dope Beats & Rhymes, which was released early this month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.