If an artist wants to achieve large scale success, they have to possess certain attributes: looks, talent and a will to keep fresh ideas in an otherwise stagnant market. Luckily for Anjulie, she carries all three without even a little struggle. The Guyanan bred, Toronto raised, Los Angeles based songstress already has a couple of Billboard dance hits under her belt, so she’s no stranger to success, but she is a new addition to the DJBooth roster. Utilizing dark warbling synths and a slow burning drum pattern from Jon O’Brien (a.k.a. J.O.B.), and accompanied by MadV and 12th Planet, Anjulie strikes with command on Warrior (L.A. Riots Remix). Her vocals are equally haunting and seductive, switching between wanted lover and scorned temptress between verses. For a woman who makes usually happy go lucky pop records, going dark is another way of showing how diverse she is. This may be her first feature here on DJ Booth, but I’m certain it’s not going to be the last before her currently untitled and unscheduled new album drops.
Written by Brando on 07/25/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.