If an artist wants to achieve large scale success, they have to possess certain attributes: looks, talent and a will to keep fresh ideas in an otherwise stagnant market. Luckily for Anjulie, she carries all three without even a little struggle. The Guyanan bred, Toronto raised, Los Angeles based songstress already has a couple of Billboard dance hits under her belt, so she’s no stranger to success, but she is a new addition to the DJBooth roster. Utilizing dark warbling synths and a slow burning drum pattern from Jon O’Brien (a.k.a. J.O.B.), and accompanied by MadV and 12th Planet, Anjulie strikes with command on Warrior (L.A. Riots Remix). Her vocals are equally haunting and seductive, switching between wanted lover and scorned temptress between verses. For a woman who makes usually happy go lucky pop records, going dark is another way of showing how diverse she is. This may be her first feature here on DJ Booth, but I’m certain it’s not going to be the last before her currently untitled and unscheduled new album drops.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!