Talk about a bait-and-switch; despite boasting a title sure to excite the attention of morons, dummies, cretins, numbskulls and dolts, the latest single from Animal Farm is named after exactly what it’s not: Music for Idiots. Sorry – perhaps some Waka Flocka would be more your speed (I kid, I kid). Anyway, those who can tell their asses from holes in the ground will likely appreciate what Hanif Wonder, Fury and Serge Severe have to say on their latest effort. Backed by the slow-rolling percussion brass blurts and guitar riffs of crewmate Gen. Erik, the trio take aim at what they perceive as a lack of quality in mainstream hip-hop, posing the not-so-rhetorical question: ”What-wh-what-what-what would you do, if the only words heard were weak slurs from herbs?” If I know our readers – and I certainly should – the Farm’s courageous stand against wackness will earn them plenty of allies in the Booth. If you fall into that category, more fresh tunes are just a few clicks away; released yesterday, the crew’s Culture Shock LP is available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 05/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test of Time" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.