Every performer has encountered a crowd that didn’t exactly feel them and their brand of music. That’s exactly what group Animal Farm addresses on their new Gen.Erik-produced single Down To Business. The song, which can be found on their album Culture Shock, meanders from the sour performing experience to a critique about the current pop-rap culture. Calling out those who blindly buy the image of an artist and their way of life, AF drops lines like “you’re not part of any movement, just a marking rouse” and “I’m not saying you’re all stupid, the glove just seems to fit you fine.” Gen.Erik’s beat is a simple backdrop which allows the emcees the room to breathe on the track. With a stripped down bluesy guitar driving things toward a horn filled hook, the song really comes together through the vocally harmonized hook. Down To Business is a hip-hop purists’ song that might be exactly what the game needs, but is it too dry to satisfy a wider audience? Let the Booth know in the comment section below.
Written by JC Poppe on 06/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test of Time" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.