Every performer has encountered a crowd that didn’t exactly feel them and their brand of music. That’s exactly what group Animal Farm addresses on their new Gen.Erik-produced single Down To Business. The song, which can be found on their album Culture Shock, meanders from the sour performing experience to a critique about the current pop-rap culture. Calling out those who blindly buy the image of an artist and their way of life, AF drops lines like “you’re not part of any movement, just a marking rouse” and “I’m not saying you’re all stupid, the glove just seems to fit you fine.” Gen.Erik’s beat is a simple backdrop which allows the emcees the room to breathe on the track. With a stripped down bluesy guitar driving things toward a horn filled hook, the song really comes together through the vocally harmonized hook. Down To Business is a hip-hop purists’ song that might be exactly what the game needs, but is it too dry to satisfy a wider audience? Let the Booth know in the comment section below.
Written by JC Poppe on 06/29/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Test of Time" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.