Jersey and Mexico are kind of like Angelo Mota and sucker emcees: they don’t have a hell of a lot in common. On his latest single and first DJBooth feature, the unsigned rhymesayer flees from the former locale (his home turf) to the latter after murdering hip-hop, then makes the return trip with the federales on his tail. In between, he finds time to lace a mellow Raphael Ramosch and Jasmine Henry production with free-associative lyrical reflections on everything from religious faith to quitting cigs. Craving more? Mota’s forthcoming independent full-length, Good Life, currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Life (Intro)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.