Jersey and Mexico are kind of like Angelo Mota and sucker emcees: they don’t have a hell of a lot in common. On his latest single and first DJBooth feature, the unsigned rhymesayer flees from the former locale (his home turf) to the latter after murdering hip-hop, then makes the return trip with the federales on his tail. In between, he finds time to lace a mellow Raphael Ramosch and Jasmine Henry production with free-associative lyrical reflections on everything from religious faith to quitting cigs. Craving more? Mota’s forthcoming independent full-length, Good Life, currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Life (Intro)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.