A whole week of hip-hop from up-and-coming emcees? Man, this really is the Good Life! With songs like this Booth-exclusive world premiere from Angelo Mota, I’d even call it a great life. You won’t find any gimmicks here—just a record that is short, sweet and to the point. A quirky sample, serving as an intro to Max Lazen‘s crisp, sample-driven beat, is the only bell or whistle present on this song. Once the beat kicks in, Angelo gets right down to business. Mota impresses with a relentless, brisk, and booming flow. With barely a pause, the Baltimore native keeps up the blistering pace throughout the cut’s whole running time, really flexing his stamina and power. This record is the intro track from Mota’s upcoming LP, Good Life. While you wait for further details on the set, why not check out his debut Booth feature, October’s Jersey/Mexico?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.