A whole week of hip-hop from up-and-coming emcees? Man, this really is the Good Life! With songs like this Booth-exclusive world premiere from Angelo Mota, I’d even call it a great life. You won’t find any gimmicks here—just a record that is short, sweet and to the point. A quirky sample, serving as an intro to Max Lazen‘s crisp, sample-driven beat, is the only bell or whistle present on this song. Once the beat kicks in, Angelo gets right down to business. Mota impresses with a relentless, brisk, and booming flow. With barely a pause, the Baltimore native keeps up the blistering pace throughout the cut’s whole running time, really flexing his stamina and power. This record is the intro track from Mota’s upcoming LP, Good Life. While you wait for further details on the set, why not check out his debut Booth feature, October’s Jersey/Mexico?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/13/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.