Like most of their previous material, Das Racist’s new release Jungle Fever is a light, fun summer anthem about pretty girls and nice cars aimed at commercial radio. Actually, that’s not true at all, I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention; and now that I have it, allow me to introduce Angel Haze. A self-described villain, native American and trend setting veteran, Angel is making her DJBooth debut with the darkly poetic Jungle Fever, a remix of a previously unreleased Das Racist record. Producer J-La sets the stage with an at-first brightly bouncing beat that quickly disintegrates into a dystopian, densely electronic banger. It’s a production style you don’t hear every day, or ever, meaning it’s the perfect backdrop to stream of consciousness, jittering, politically charged and deeply personal rhymes that flow from Racist and, more importantly, Angel. I don’t say this often, but my words just aren’t going to do this one justice – you’re going to have to listen. Those finding themselves afflicted with a serious case of Jungle Fever should be sure to cop Angel’s KING mixtape, due to drop Tuesday, July 12.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
Noizy Cricket!!/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Starry Eyed" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.