Like most of their previous material, Das Racist’s new release Jungle Fever is a light, fun summer anthem about pretty girls and nice cars aimed at commercial radio. Actually, that’s not true at all, I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention; and now that I have it, allow me to introduce Angel Haze. A self-described villain, native American and trend setting veteran, Angel is making her DJBooth debut with the darkly poetic Jungle Fever, a remix of a previously unreleased Das Racist record. Producer J-La sets the stage with an at-first brightly bouncing beat that quickly disintegrates into a dystopian, densely electronic banger. It’s a production style you don’t hear every day, or ever, meaning it’s the perfect backdrop to stream of consciousness, jittering, politically charged and deeply personal rhymes that flow from Racist and, more importantly, Angel. I don’t say this often, but my words just aren’t going to do this one justice – you’re going to have to listen. Those finding themselves afflicted with a serious case of Jungle Fever should be sure to cop Angel’s KING mixtape, due to drop Tuesday, July 12.
Noizy Cricket!!/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Starry Eyed" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.