This past October, when Angel Haze traveled abroad for her first show in London, she also took the opportunity to do a little recording at the city’s famous Metropolis Studio. While there, she made the acquaintance of Lunice, a producer affiliated with the LuckyMe musical collective, and collaborated with the Glasgowan beatsmith on what would become Gimme That. The latest entry in Adidas Originals and Yours Truly‘s Songs From Scratch series, the record finds the emcee showcasing some of her most blistering flows as she pummels the competition over her partner’s minimal, bass-bumping electronic boardwork. For more from Angel Haze, check out her past, Booth-hosted street releases, Classick and Reservation.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
Noizy Cricket!!/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jungle Fever (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.