This past October, when Angel Haze traveled abroad for her first show in London, she also took the opportunity to do a little recording at the city’s famous Metropolis Studio. While there, she made the acquaintance of Lunice, a producer affiliated with the LuckyMe musical collective, and collaborated with the Glasgowan beatsmith on what would become Gimme That. The latest entry in Adidas Originals and Yours Truly‘s Songs From Scratch series, the record finds the emcee showcasing some of her most blistering flows as she pummels the competition over her partner’s minimal, bass-bumping electronic boardwork. For more from Angel Haze, check out her past, Booth-hosted street releases, Classick and Reservation.
Written by richard on 11/14/12
Submit your Rating
Noizy Cricket!!/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jungle Fever (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.