If you like to channel your inner hipster by being the first of your friends to find the next big thing, then Outsiders, the first feature from Angel Davanport, is for you. Outsiders, which currently has just 11 YouTube views, is too good to stay in double-digit views for long. Though the record is called Outsiders, the Windy City singer/emcee fits right in over DocDaMindBenda‘s smooth, jazzy beat. Angel’s charismatic wordplay and quirky, yet smooth style really set off this summer jam’s breezy vibe. As of my writing, Outsiders is not part of anything larger. Now that the artist has our ear, though, I have a feeling it won’t be long till she returns with more fresh, new music.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.