What does it mean to be Unfresh? Well, in a recent interview, first-time Booth featuree Andy Allo explains that it’s all about “...being original, not conforming, and being yourself.” So it’s kinda like being fresh… but different. Confusing? Yeah, a little – whatever you want to call her, though, the Cameroon-born, Los Angeles-based singer/songwriter/model comes with a genre-blending sound that’s as ear-pleasing as it is unconventional, as evidenced by this standout track off her debut LP. DreamLand finds Allo drawing inspiration from Wizard of Oz classic Somewhere Over the Rainbow (according to the same interview cited above), showcasing her breezy vocal stylings over a lushly sampled, harp-laced instrumental (co-produced by the artist and Mind Majors). Fellow Californian Blu brings his breathy, expressionistic touch to the second verse, and joins the headliner for a little flirtatious line-trading on the back end. Impressed by Andy Allo’s (un)fresh alternative/hip-hop/soul sound? Grab a copy of her debut set, released Sept. 22 and available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 11/3/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.