The practice of leaving outrageously dope material on the cutting-room floor, thereby leading listeners to assume that your forthcoming project is full of even better records, has become so widespread that I’m beginning to wonder whether artists have begun to intentionally exclude the freshest cuts from their releases. Or maybe I’m just nuts. In any case, Andrew Lewis’ latest offering, Traveler, is a prime example of the “How the hell didn’t this make the cut?!” phenomenon. Recorded during the sessions for his forthcoming mixtape, this summery banger finds the Party & Bullsh*t rapper-producer hooking up with Booth fave XV to craft a blissfully head-noddable backdrop for his laid-back meditations on the pursuit of artistic excellence: “What I believe’s in a dream that no one else sees, so you really can’t argue with me.” Rising R&B songstress Vienna rounds out the record, contributing her breezy vocal stylings to the chorus. Though this cut, as mentioned above, won’t be on the project, fans can expect more freshness on Lewis’ Booth-sponsored What Dreams May Come street album, set to hit our mixtape page this spring.
Written by richard on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
Vantage Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party & Bullsh*t" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.