The practice of leaving outrageously dope material on the cutting-room floor, thereby leading listeners to assume that your forthcoming project is full of even better records, has become so widespread that I’m beginning to wonder whether artists have begun to intentionally exclude the freshest cuts from their releases. Or maybe I’m just nuts. In any case, Andrew Lewis’ latest offering, Traveler, is a prime example of the “How the hell didn’t this make the cut?!” phenomenon. Recorded during the sessions for his forthcoming mixtape, this summery banger finds the Party & Bullsh*t rapper-producer hooking up with Booth fave XV to craft a blissfully head-noddable backdrop for his laid-back meditations on the pursuit of artistic excellence: “What I believe’s in a dream that no one else sees, so you really can’t argue with me.” Rising R&B songstress Vienna rounds out the record, contributing her breezy vocal stylings to the chorus. Though this cut, as mentioned above, won’t be on the project, fans can expect more freshness on Lewis’ Booth-sponsored What Dreams May Come street album, set to hit our mixtape page this spring.
Written by richard on 01/17/11
Vantage Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party & Bullsh*t" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.