The practice of leaving outrageously dope material on the cutting-room floor, thereby leading listeners to assume that your forthcoming project is full of even better records, has become so widespread that I’m beginning to wonder whether artists have begun to intentionally exclude the freshest cuts from their releases. Or maybe I’m just nuts. In any case, Andrew Lewis’ latest offering, Traveler, is a prime example of the “How the hell didn’t this make the cut?!” phenomenon. Recorded during the sessions for his forthcoming mixtape, this summery banger finds the Party & Bullsh*t rapper-producer hooking up with Booth fave XV to craft a blissfully head-noddable backdrop for his laid-back meditations on the pursuit of artistic excellence: “What I believe’s in a dream that no one else sees, so you really can’t argue with me.” Rising R&B songstress Vienna rounds out the record, contributing her breezy vocal stylings to the chorus. Though this cut, as mentioned above, won’t be on the project, fans can expect more freshness on Lewis’ Booth-sponsored What Dreams May Come street album, set to hit our mixtape page this spring.
Written by richard on 01/17/11
Submit your Rating
Vantage Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party & Bullsh*t" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.