The practice of leaving outrageously dope material on the cutting-room floor, thereby leading listeners to assume that your forthcoming project is full of even better records, has become so widespread that I’m beginning to wonder whether artists have begun to intentionally exclude the freshest cuts from their releases. Or maybe I’m just nuts. In any case, Andrew Lewis’ latest offering, Traveler, is a prime example of the “How the hell didn’t this make the cut?!” phenomenon. Recorded during the sessions for his forthcoming mixtape, this summery banger finds the Party & Bullsh*t rapper-producer hooking up with Booth fave XV to craft a blissfully head-noddable backdrop for his laid-back meditations on the pursuit of artistic excellence: “What I believe’s in a dream that no one else sees, so you really can’t argue with me.” Rising R&B songstress Vienna rounds out the record, contributing her breezy vocal stylings to the chorus. Though this cut, as mentioned above, won’t be on the project, fans can expect more freshness on Lewis’ Booth-sponsored What Dreams May Come street album, set to hit our mixtape page this spring.
GMT Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party & Bullsh*t" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.