Don’t let the title of Andrew Lewis’ latest single, Party & Bullsh*t, fool you; as you might expect from an emcee who cites “silence” as his foremost musical influence (see his MySpace bio), the California up-and-comer has a uniquely chill take on party music – and, as I think you’ll agree, there’s no B.S. to be found. Booth-acclaimed emcee and sometime producer XV stays behind the boards here, setting the mood for a laid-back social gathering with synths, piano and a little ambient chatter, but Lewis proves perfectly able to carry the track. Ever the gracious host, he keeps things light and engaging with a breezy mix of game-spitting and lyrical imagery, even taking a moment to give latecomers directions a (“Make sure you take a right at the fourth light / we on the top floor kickin’ it, pool party.”) So, readers, will this joint earn a place in your summer-fun playlist? If the answer’s “yes,” you’ll be able to hear more on What Dreams May Come, a street album guaranteed to be at least three times as much fun as the film of the same name (sorry Robin Williams fans, that sh*t was just plain depressing).
Listen to More: Andrew Lewis Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.