Don’t let the title of Andrew Lewis’ latest single, Party & Bullsh*t, fool you; as you might expect from an emcee who cites “silence” as his foremost musical influence (see his MySpace bio), the California up-and-comer has a uniquely chill take on party music – and, as I think you’ll agree, there’s no B.S. to be found. Booth-acclaimed emcee and sometime producer XV stays behind the boards here, setting the mood for a laid-back social gathering with synths, piano and a little ambient chatter, but Lewis proves perfectly able to carry the track. Ever the gracious host, he keeps things light and engaging with a breezy mix of game-spitting and lyrical imagery, even taking a moment to give latecomers directions a (“Make sure you take a right at the fourth light / we on the top floor kickin’ it, pool party.”) So, readers, will this joint earn a place in your summer-fun playlist? If the answer’s “yes,” you’ll be able to hear more on What Dreams May Come, a street album guaranteed to be at least three times as much fun as the film of the same name (sorry Robin Williams fans, that sh*t was just plain depressing).
Written by richard on 08/10/10
Submit your Rating
Vantage Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.