Don’t let the title of Andrew Lewis’ latest single, Party & Bullsh*t, fool you; as you might expect from an emcee who cites “silence” as his foremost musical influence (see his MySpace bio), the California up-and-comer has a uniquely chill take on party music – and, as I think you’ll agree, there’s no B.S. to be found. Booth-acclaimed emcee and sometime producer XV stays behind the boards here, setting the mood for a laid-back social gathering with synths, piano and a little ambient chatter, but Lewis proves perfectly able to carry the track. Ever the gracious host, he keeps things light and engaging with a breezy mix of game-spitting and lyrical imagery, even taking a moment to give latecomers directions a (“Make sure you take a right at the fourth light / we on the top floor kickin’ it, pool party.”) So, readers, will this joint earn a place in your summer-fun playlist? If the answer’s “yes,” you’ll be able to hear more on What Dreams May Come, a street album guaranteed to be at least three times as much fun as the film of the same name (sorry Robin Williams fans, that sh*t was just plain depressing).
Written by richard on 08/10/10
Submit your Rating
Vantage Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.