Don’t let the title of Andrew Lewis’ latest single, Party & Bullsh*t, fool you; as you might expect from an emcee who cites “silence” as his foremost musical influence (see his MySpace bio), the California up-and-comer has a uniquely chill take on party music – and, as I think you’ll agree, there’s no B.S. to be found. Booth-acclaimed emcee and sometime producer XV stays behind the boards here, setting the mood for a laid-back social gathering with synths, piano and a little ambient chatter, but Lewis proves perfectly able to carry the track. Ever the gracious host, he keeps things light and engaging with a breezy mix of game-spitting and lyrical imagery, even taking a moment to give latecomers directions a (“Make sure you take a right at the fourth light / we on the top floor kickin’ it, pool party.”) So, readers, will this joint earn a place in your summer-fun playlist? If the answer’s “yes,” you’ll be able to hear more on What Dreams May Come, a street album guaranteed to be at least three times as much fun as the film of the same name (sorry Robin Williams fans, that sh*t was just plain depressing).
Listen to More: Andrew Lewis
Written by richard on 08/10/10
Vantage Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.